Skincare

To continue contesting my uptight image, I will readily admit that I'm probably not the most naturally attractive man in the room, and yet I also realize some favorable factors: confidence, manners, modesty, physique, and one of which we’ll cover today: semi-flawless skin. For starters, I'm not a television personality who wears makeup on the low; I would probably limit my makeup consumption to eye liner and lip gloss if I were a woman, and save the exotic mascaras for special occasions. With the ladies in mind, makeup must be managed, clogging pores overnight will do more damage in the long-term than you can mask in the short-term.

Let’s begin with my mistakes you can learn from first. Dabbing pimples with toothpaste overnight was supposed to miraculously dry them out by morning, don't do that. Alcohol, rubbing and drinking, has a similar effect; we basically want to avoid drying our skin. Once I aggressively scrubbed a persistent pimple with a small amount of alcohol, I stripped a significant portion of skin from my face that day, never again! Now we’re ready to review my basic steps:

  • Lightly rub your face with a moist material, stop scrubbing your face, it's sensitive!
  • Rinse with cold water! This tip is constantly under-utilized due to our modern era. We've become accustomed to steamy warm showers. The warmth opens our pores, which creates a vacuum for opportunistic germs to travel from the cooler environment into our warm body! I love warm showers myself, get accustomed to closing your shower experience with ice cold cheeks.
  • Leave your face damp after washing, lightly rub in a moisturizer, lightly dab excessive moisture away. Note the trend.
  • Frequently change your sheets and towels, they're prominently within reach of your precious face in a vulnerable state.
  • Drink lots of water, continue the moisturized trend from within.
  • If all unequipped options fail, then a change of shampoo may help by cleansing your scalp of any remaining clogged pores. Try a shampoo with Selenium, like Selsun Blue, to simultaneously fight any unknown bacterial skin infections.

I won’t pretend that I haven’t asked a lot of you. This laundry list of tips, though short, is less interesting than waking up to apply toners, foundation, powders, and the like. Finding the time throughout the day to wash your oily skin sounds much less appealing than obeying a Clean and Clear commercial. The ironic part about the skin care industry is that most of my routine is outlined on their product instructions. Take a look for yourself, are there mentions of pre-washes, dabbing, light handling, or multiple applications? Anyways, if none of this works, then see a skincare professional, not the makeup counter at Macys, where their hands and face are completely different complexions.

4 responses to “Skincare

  1. Or they could be like me and have roscea. No hope D:

  2. Every party needs a pooper, that's why I invited you as my date. I'll look into roscea for the follow-up!

  3. I would hope this is common sense but it is not...odd. By the way, it ages your skin 7 days when you do not wash your makeup off before bed.

  4. Straight from the mouth of a professional, thanks for re-iterating such an important point Ms. Noel!

Popular Posts